Monday, November 06, 2006

Goin' to The Chapel & We're Goin' Ta Get Married



First Methodist Church Boise, Idaho

(Cathedral of the Rockies)

My niece, or really my wife's niece got married last Saturday. She’s a beautiful young girl, both inside and out, and her new husband is one of those genuinely nice guys who cherishes his new bride. I referred to my wife’s niece as my niece because over our 27 year span of marriage, the family lines tend to blend. I remember when the bride was born, and before my eyes, turning from a darling little curly haired girl to a young woman of grace and charm.
There’s something about a wedding that brings joy into one’s heart. Attending weddings always reminds me of my own. That was one if the happiest days of my life. We spend so much time planning for the wedding (ok my wife planned and I showed up wherever I was suppose to show up) not realizing that it’s a brief moment, a few hours, in a journey taken together for a life time. Once the wedding becomes a cherished memory, we’re left with each other and learning how to live and grow together. One of the greatest blessings God can grant a man is a wife that reflects the words of Solomon in his Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

Proverbs 31: 9-31
. The Epilogue begins with:

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
In verse 30 he writes, “…but a woman who fears the LORD is to be
praised.”

I can truly say that God has granted me such a wife. I’m thankful for this blessing, and the life we share together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful picture of the church DOUG.....
I have now changed my template think it is better... I have update on prayer request for our ex mayor Shirley also NEW PICS when you get a moment.....
God bless your days...

Anonymous said...

Dear doug
The pic of the church window is JUST so beautiful I wonder if I can put on my BLOG to sHARE ALSO MY VIEWRS WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW YOUR bLOG FROM IT
a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING....
FREYE UK (SUNNY)