Monday, January 01, 2007

A Bright 2007




Winter Garden Aglow
Idaho Botanical Garden









We had the opportunity to tour the Idaho Botanical Garden’s Winter Aglow display. 250,000 lights cover the plants, arbors, and walls of the garden. I couldn’t help but think that it must take months to put the lights up and then take them down after the season & I pitied the poor person(s) who has to carry out this work. New Year's Day is the time we typically begin pulling down our Christmas lights, both indoor & out, ornaments, & decorations and box them up for storage. I must admit that this is not one of my most favorite things to do. I’m glad when it‘s complete and we’re back to our normal routine, although I do miss the cheeriness & colors the lights provide.


There is another light that is with me at all times, and I depend on it to guide me through my life. It is written:


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life ." John 8:12

I thank God for providing his Son to be the light of life and Christ’s willingness to make the sacrifice to become that light.

No comments: