Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Acorn Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree


We spent last weekend at a family reunion. It was nice to see family members who I’d not seen in a while and in some cases I’d never actually met. This was my grandma’s family and she used to go into great detail on the coming and going of her clan. This meant I knew all of the names, but not necessary the faces. My aunt is very into family history and I must admit that I’ve also some researching of the family tree; Any Stuarts or Laytons out there? My interest stems more from my love of history. History seems to come more to life for me when I connect my ancestors into it. That earthly lineage provides a connection for me that spans the centuries.

We also have a spiritual lineage that is offered to us through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:4-6 tells us:


In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

In love, God has adopted us through his grace, through his Son. This glorious gift is “freely given” to all us. Thanks you God, for this wonderful gift.



No comments: