Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year




So what’s your New Year’s resolution this year? Starting out the New Year allows us time for reflection of things we’d like to change for the better as well as the things we’d like to continue. Each year brings hope for a brighter future. We must place our hope in the right place.

In Psalm 119:114 we learn that “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.”


… but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, Isaiah 40:31

… guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

The world can be somewhat harsh and unyielding, place at times. Placing your hope in world leaders, TV hosts, your favorite university professor or Lucretia the Palm Reader around the corner can take the focus off of the true author of hope for the world, our heavenly father. May 2008 be a year of hope and focus on our Lord.

No comments: