Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Night Sky

 

 

Man has always been in awe of the stars of the night sky.  Glowing orbs of red blue and white drawing our eyes upward causing us to contemplate how did this all come to be? What great power put this all in place?

The Hubble Space Telescope has brought the universe much closer and when I see some of the photos, I can't help but wonder about the Almighty God, maker of the heavens and the earth.  The great being, who created these magnificent stars knows my name, cares about me, & wants to have a relationship with me.  This is not due to any thing I am or have done but quite the opposite, which adds even more to the great mystery of why he cares for me. The Psalmist writes:

 

When I consider your heavens,
       the work of your fingers,
       the moon and the stars,
       which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
       the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings 
       and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psalm 8:3-5

I have to ask, "Who am I that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name."

God's desire to commune with mankind is not limited to me but to all people of the earth.  He gave his only Son so that we could be reconciled to him and have that relationship he desires so much.  All we need to do is take that first step towards God by accepting his Son's gift of salvation, to begin our lifelong relationship with him.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:23

No comments: