Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hello God? Have We Been Disconnected?

I been talking with with someone who has a friend that believes that God is not listening to him because because he believes that God has not answered his prayers. Certainly we've all had that same thought even if it's for the briefest of moments.    I think it's important to note that when we feel that way, we're in good company. King David writes:

 

 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
       let my cry for help come to you.

 Do not hide your face from me
       when I am in distress.
       Turn your ear to me;
       when I call, answer me quickly.
Psalm 102:1-2

When Paul was teaching in the synagogue in Pisidian Antioch be speaks of David in this way:

After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.' Acts 13:22

You can sense David's yearning for God's help in his situation and like us, wondering if he will have his answer to prayer.  And yet, God saw David as a man after his own heart.  For any of us who might be facing a trial, and wondering what the answer could be or when the answer might come, I think we can take encouragement in the story of David, a man after God's own heart.  God is always there, looking after us, and we can have peace in him.  

1 comment:

Travelmonkey4christ said...

I like what Bill Johnson says about that. When someone came to him and said "I want you to pray for me because God doesn't hear my prayers. I don't think He likes me." Bill replied, "What makes you think you're so special! God loves everyone in the whole world EXCEPT you? You're not that special. You just have to put up with His love just like the rest of us!