Saturday, January 21, 2006

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Ps 121:1-2 KJV

Yesterday, I was reminded of these words as I was looking out the window of the one of the office buildings on the campus where I work. I snapped the view with my camera phone, but the resulting picture really didn’t do it justice. The first time that these words were really impressed on my heart was while I was waiting to hear what had happened to my brother. Earlier, I’d received a phone call telling me that the helicopter, in which my brother was flying, was missing. I’d probably read these words several times before, but for the first time they held a deep supporting meaning for me. I clung to them even more so when I learned that my brother’s helicopter had crashed and he had been killed. These comforting words have come back to me throughout the years, as storms have rolled in and out of life, and in particular were a welcomed reminder yesterday as I ran the paces through one of my more stressful days at work. I’m thankful that the God of the universe is interested in, loves, and supports his people of this earth... My help cometh from the Lord.

No comments: